Thursday, August 20, 2009

Park City, UT

Park City, Utah is one of the coolest towns to visit. Jason and I stopped there on our road trip and stayed a night in The Yarrow Hotel. It was a nice place to stay for not a fortune.

Jason and I had been to Park City when we drove to California for our wedding and had stayed at Park City Peaks one night. It was quite possibly best sleep I have ever had. It was like sleeping on a cloud big enough that I didn't see Jason until we woke up the following morning.

If you remember, I work for an architect and have a degree in BS-Design in Architectural Studies. I can't help but take photos of buildings, so if you're not interested... please forgive me. The architectural style in Park City just screams to me. Kind of lodgy, kind of contemporary. I love it. So, here's a few building photos I wanted to share with you...

I understand that this was an Olympic city, but I can't help loving it. I love that this community pours the money into their structures.









The housing here is awesome.



I totally love this parking garage. Who new concrete and wood looked so good together?
This bike rack is just inside one of the entries.

We went to Bandits Grill & Bar for lunch while in Park City. It was a lot of fun to see how they served the food and drinks there. The decor in this place was pretty fun, too. It was really cowboyish. I didn't take a picture of it though.


This wasn't in Park City, but somewhere in the surrounding area. I just needed to include it because it's kind of pretty.

No comments: