Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Hooter Hiding

I feel like I'm writing a lot about Amber lately, but I've been making stuff for her. I realized after I gave it to her, but I forgot to take a picture of a little onesie I added a skirt to. It was adorable! I picked out some cherry fabric and made a little skirt and appliqued a cherry to the chest. I just wish I had take a picture. Drats! Foiled again.

So, I made these a while ago, but forgot to post the pictures. Amber had requested a few hooter hiders to breast feed her baby, Lucy, with. We went fabric shopping and she picked out these two fabrics: One bright fun print, and another more subdued print. All the supplies for both cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $18.

Please note: I feel positively ridiculous modeling these. They're not great photos, but it was night, they were a little wrinkly, I didn't feel like ironing, and how exactly does one pretend to make a baby with their arms under a blanket? It's not as easy as it looks.




The free pattern I used is from blisstree.com.

Amber had a few suggestions after using them a few times. The boning doesn't stay up very well. Maybe make the section with boning a little bit longer than the pattern calls for.

The neck strap is ridiculously long. There doesn't seem to be any reason for it. The next time I make one, it will have a much shorter strap.

So, if you're in need of hiding your hooters, try out that pattern and maybe try those few alterations. It was a pretty simple process and took probably less than 2 hours to make both.

No comments: