Saturday, January 16, 2010

simple sewing

For Christmas, I received Lotta Jansdotter's book simple sewing and I LOVE it!

I've already completed one project in it. I made a bag for my yoga mat (I'm taking a TurboKicking class that requires a mat) and it's adorable. The fabric I used is from a tablecloth Jason picked up at Target for me on clearance a while ago.
I had checked this book out from the library in the past and that's where I got the idea for the car place mats.

The projects are very clear and easy. They're also really super cute things. I love this book and totally recommend it. If you can get your hands on it, do.
Also, my parents gave Jason and I Printing by Hand by Lena Corwin, another fantastic book. We haven't tried anything out of it yet, but I've definitely got some ideas.

No comments: