Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Gingerbread House Contest: My House

gingerbread house contest 2009
This is the house I built this year. It started out as a victorian farmhouse and quickly flopped from there to a contemporary model. Oh well.

This rolling pin is awesome. It weighs a lot more than my silicone one!
Jess_Rolling

I like to make sure things will line up. It's the secret to my mostly square structures.
Jess_Measuring

The gingerbread recipe we used this year wasn't quite as good as the one we've used in the past. Our past recipe was out of a library book, but unfortunately nobody could find it to check it out this year.

Ingredients:
  • Structure from gingerbread.
  • Roof is from Necco Wafers.
  • Wreath is a green gummy thing with red M&Ms.
  • Pathway is from gum made to look like coal.
  • Path edging from gummy things with little sprinkles.
  • Jumping fish from fish gummy.
  • The grass sort of stuff is chow mein.
  • Tree from icing covered ice cream cone.
  • My windows are of gingerbread covered with frosting.


Jess_Side

Jess_Front

Jess_Back

No comments: