Monday, January 25, 2010

I went and I loved it.

The Kansas City Modern Quilt Guild is what I'm referring to. It was awesome. It was fantastic. Purely fantastic.

So, here's the scoop. Saturday was the first meeting. We talked about dues, goals, activities, and meeting times.
  • Dues will probably be $50 for a year or $5 per meeting. I think this could change depending on how things work, but that's the numbers that were thrown out on Saturday.
  • Most of the goals that were listed had to do with inspiration and connecting with other quilters.
  • There were some really cool activity ideas tossed out. Things like field trips, classes, and swaps of various items like potholders, pincushions, etc.
  • So, currently I think the plan is to have two meetings a month; one in the evening on a weeknight and one on the weekend.

So, it was pretty cool. I'm excited. I'm a guild member (well, probably technically once we pay our dues, but I'm still excited)! Anyway... if you live in the Kansas City area (or close enough that you'd like to drive to come) there should be another meeting next month sometime. Everyone is welcome to join our ning site regardless of location. Check it out! I'm sure you'll love it.

3 comments:

Lyndsey said...

I agree! I can't wait to see what future meetings bring! It was also nice to see a wide range of ages and so many younger people there as well. I don't think I met you there but found your blog from the ning website. Maybe next time!

sewtakeahike said...

I'm sew excited for you!you're so lucky to be able to rub shoulders with Jacquie!

Aunt Spicy said...

They just started one in my area, I am excited to go to the meeting after reading how great your was!