Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Flynn Quilt Frame

Have you seen these things?  I saw an ad in a magazine for one a few days ago and am just in awe. 

It is a machine quilting frame that allows you to load on your quilt sandwich pieces separately.  That means no basting!  You can use it to hand or machine quilt.  It looks like such a simple thing to build, yet so effective. 

Does anyone out there have something like this?  If so, let me know what you think about it.  I'd love to hear what you think!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you'd be surprised at the number of people who bought this and really really don't like it.

I bought it - with the same awe you expressed...but found it terribly clunky and heavy. Unless you will be quilting baby quilts - and use their lightweight bars...it's terribly awkward. And by the time you buy the bars and have them cut to size, you've invested a lot of money in the thing.

I would avoid it. :(

Cheers,
Jill

Unknown said...

Bum deal. It looks like such a cool thing to play with!

I was considering making one myself and not buying one from that website. Is there anything specifically that you would change to make it less awkward or clunky?

Sara said...

I, too, thought this looked like a cool option when it comes to machine quilting at home. I have not purchased one. He sure does make it look easy, doesn't he. I've heard good and bad feedback but the over arching feedback has been that you really have to practice, practice, practice (just like most things).