Monday, June 21, 2010

Quilts with a Twist

When Jason and I were in Portland, we stopped into the Undercover Quilts shop in Pike's Place Market.  One of the things that I love about visiting quilt shops in other parts of the country is you get a taste of the local flavor for art and design.  One of the things that this shop carried was kits and patterns by Quilts with a Twist.

Quilts with a Twist takes this style and makes some awesome looking quilt patterns.  Here are some of my favorites:
I'm not sure if I've mentioned it on here before, but I really love the native art of the Pacific Northwest.  It's such a simple, yet complex style.  The first linoleum print I ever did, I tried to imitate the style and use animals that had significance to my family.

To the Natives
To the Natives - 2006

Quilts with a Twist does some neat things in this style. You should check them out and give it a try.

No comments: