- She was a violinist, so was I. Her violin sounds so much cooler than mine, though. And I was never in a band; just the nerdy-old orchestra.
- She was an art major. I was an architecture major with a LOT of art classes under my belt. I thought I was close to an art minor, but silly advisors....
- She likes board games and dinner parties; have I mentioned that we have 5 different Monopoly boards. Just boards, we also have 2 card games, 1 dice game, and 1 Wii game. All of the Monopoly variety. (P.S. Family, read that as we don't need ANY more Monopoly games.)
- She just bought a house. We close on our house on August18th.
- She is a road tripper. We are road trippers. Both of our honeymoons were road trips. Both honeymoons involved Abraham Lincoln in some way.
- She likes garage sales. I LOVE them!
- In 10 years she'd like to be taller. Somehow I don't see either one of us getting very far on that one. Have I mentioned here that I'm pretty short.... five-foot zero and one-half inches.
Friday, August 13, 2010
My friend & fellow KC Modern Quilt Guild member, Lauren writes the blog My Aunt June and runs the etsy shop Aunt June.
She makes some really fabulous fabric. I sent some of her grey boat fabric to my swap partner in the Mini QT Swap last month
Well... why am I telling you about Lauren? Because she's the featured seller on etsy today! How great is that? I loved reading her interview. I had no idea how many things we have in common. Let me point out a few of these things.
Congratulations, Lauren! Get some sleep and enjoy your day!