Monday, December 1, 2008

A sick day well used

Today I was home sick. I've got some sort of bug that's starting to go away. I slept until 10 this morning! I so needed this day off to recuperate.

Because I was home from work and taking it easy, I spent most of my day in front of the laptop surfing the Internet. I read quite a few blogs I was behind on and discovered some new ones.

After all my research and surfing today, I think I should start making burp cloths to sell. It would be an easy project to make a bunch of them to list at once. I don't want to start up an Etsy account with only one or two items, so I think a bunch of burp cloth sets would be a good start up item.

I wish I could stay home and work from the studio everyday. The quality of light in this room is amazing. It's so cheery and cozy. I love being home and able to snuggle Lily, the cat. I turned down the heat in the apartment, closed the door to the studio, and cranked up the space heater. It was so nice to be here today. I'm almost hoping I can be sick again tomorrow so that I can sit in my pajamas and research some more.

Being able to stay home today really helped me realize what I want for and out of Sewbot's Laboratory.

In other news... I found out today that a very good friend of mine is pregnant. I'm so excited for them. That was also inspiring for me, too. I don't know a lot of people with babies who would really be willing to try things I make out. This gives me a great opportunity to make things to share with her and see how well they actually work. I can't wait until the little one gets here!

No comments: