Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A few new links

Hello. Sorry I've been a little absent this week. It's been so busy!

I've added a few new blogs to my list over on the right side. The blog list is a new feature I've added recently. I will continue to add more to the list when I come across new blogs that I think are worth reading.

Jason and I have been taking dance lessons. Monday night we learned the Cha-Cha-Cha at our group class. It was a lot of fun. We have a private lesson tomorrow night, so we'll probably learn something new. It's been a ton of fun. We can now do the basic steps to the Cha-cha-cha, single step swing, merengue, and the waltz. I could be leaving one or two out. It's been a really good activity for us to do together. It's a little pricey, but so much fun. We've even each gotten a pair of boogie shoes, so we have to stick with it; right?

Last night we watched Christmas with the Kranks. I just love that movie. I started embroidering some handkerchiefs for my papa for Christmas. One has green and brown circles. The second one I have on the hoop now has a tree. I'm not sure what else I'll add to it. Last night I was thinking it needed a tire swing, but I'm not sure about that today. I want to do a third, but I'm not sure what it will be yet. I'll post photos when I finish them.

I taught myself how to embroider last night using Aimee Ray's book titled Doodle Stitching: Fresh & Fun Embroidery for Beginners. She has a lot of really cute projects in that book and it's really easy to pick up.

I've also been working on a cross-stitch project for my mom. My mom's kitchen is all done up in Mary Engelbreit wallpaper borders, art, and rug. It's really cute. Her tablecloth and curtains are even out of Mary Engelbreit fabric. So, I found a M.E. Christmas project book at the library (I get a ton of projects out of library books) and started on a mouse in a tea cup. It says "Not a Creature was stirring..." and the mouse is asleep. It's really cute, but taking a lot longer than anticipated. I'll post photos of that when I finish it as well.

We've been working on making our Christmas gifts for everyone. We're doing stationary this year for everybody. Last year it was cd case calendars, so we're mixing it up this year. Jason worked on them last night during the movie.

Over the weekend we did a lot of Christmas shopping. I got some fabric for a project for Jason's mom. She's a hairdresser and has requested a superman cape for cutting hair. It should be kind of fun and easy to do. She lent me an old cape to use as a pattern. Stay tuned for photos soon. I might try to work on that tonight. I think I'm about done with my purchased gifts. I was so excited when I got home after shopping I was running around the apartment telling Jason all about what I bought.

We watched our nephew, Lucas part of the weekend. He's a sweetie. He's 4 months old. That was a lot of fun. He's starting to really chat and interact with us. It's fun to watch.

Tonight, Jason and I are joining his dad for pizza and pinball moving. His dad just got the Lord of the Rings pinball machine. He's driving to Arkansas today to pick it up. Jason and I used to play this game occasionally when we were in college. It's my favorite pinball game. Sometimes we'd go to the laundromat just to play the Monopoly one. We had our own washer and dryer, but we'd go just to play. The monopoly is probably my second favorite.

So, the next couple of weeks might be a little sporadic in posts. We're headed to Chicago this weekend to see Jason's sister and "eat our way through Chicago". Jason's come up with this plan for our trip. We're going to try a ton of restaurants. We're just going to walk through town and stop at any restaurant that looks good and order one item for us to share. I think it sounds like fun. We'll do some shopping and hanging with Elle & Kevin. It should be a good time. We're taking the train there. It's our first train ride, so we're excited. Hopefully, it's not too terribly cold there. A little snow would be nice, though.

Stay warm and bundled up! "Baby, it's cold outside!"

No comments: