Saturday, September 11, 2010

"THE GRASS IS ALWAYS GREENER..."

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Yesterday about lunchtime I saw my mailman pull up next to my mailbox.  I could see he was putting a squishy in my box, so I ran out the door to see what it held.  It was as I suspected.  I ran back inside to rip it open and was delighted with the contents!  Inside was my doll quilt for the Doll Quilt Swap 9.  It turns out that Isaacsmama was my secret partner for this swap; she knew who I was, I didn't know who she was.  She made me this beauty titled "THE GRASS IS ALWAYS GREENER..."

DQS9 - Front
It's very bright and fun!


DQS9 - Purple Bird
I think this purple guy is my favorite bird.  He's so cheerful!

DQS9 - Front - Big Fish
Isn't this fish awesome?  He's got a fun fin and polka-dotted skin.  What's not to love?


DQS9 - Front - Little Fish
I think these little guys are my favorite in the whole quilt.  The are just hangin' out swimmin' around through the polka-dotted kelp.  Love!

DQS9 - Back
The back of the quilt is very pretty, too!  The quilting really sings on the back. 


DQS9 - Back - Bird
See what I mean?  Love his feet & tail!


DQS9 - Back - Wave Quilting
The quilted waves at the bottom are fun!

DQS9 - Back - Little Fish
The little fishes!  :)


DQS9 - Label

Thanks for the doll quilt Sudi-Laura.  It really made me smile and brightened my day!

1 comment:

Lauren The Artist said...

Love how colorful that is! Great quilt.