Sunday, September 5, 2010

Favorite Things - September 5, 2010

sewbot's favorites

This week my favorite thing is my new house.  :)  I love our neighborhood.  I love our house.  I love living here way more than I thought I would.  It's become very obvious to us since we've moved in that this is the right house for us.  A few of you have been asking for photos, so here they are...

Number
Yep, you did hear me correctly. Yes, our address is just #5.

House on the Hill
We live on a bit of a hill...

Front of house
Kind of cute isn't it?  I have big plans for it that I'm sure I'll share with you at some point.

Flowers
My new neighbor, Sunny, told me she had been coming over and watering my flowers so they'd still be pretty when we moved in.  Isn't that sweet of her?

Deer Spot
Something that's falling off this tree is attracting deer.  We've been here a little under two weeks and have seen 2 does and 3 fawns right in this spot. 

Clotheline
See my clothesline?  I'm totally excited to have one I can leave up all the time.

I'm not going to show you much of the inside of our house because it is still a little messy. I've been VERY busy since we moved in, so the majority of my studio is still in the living room. Anybody have any suggestions for shelves that have doors to protect my fabric, but isn't too expensive? I've decided it's going in the basement, so I'd like it to be covered. I'm also going to be making some of these puppies... It will be like going fabric shopping in my own mini store!

Living Room
Jason found this trio for us for $45 at a garage sale up the street.  They're a little worn, but very comfortable.  I think they have a lot of potential and could be easily recovered.  I do kind of like the fabric they are now, though.

Lily's chair
Lily likes them, too.  She hangs out here a lot.

Chandelier
What do you think?  I like this; Jason says it's growing on him, but hated it in the beginning.  It's something that seems to be either a stern "Yes!  I love it!" or "Oh my gosh why do you still have that hanging there?"  What do you think?

Kitchen
Our pretty much original 1956 kitchen.  No dishwasher, but we'll most likely be buying one this weekend to "ghetto-rig" in. 

Fridge & Pantry
This is a new addition to the kitchen.  The pantry is on the left, broom closet on the right.  I love our fridge, too.  I just wish it had an ice maker, because Jason has already figured out my strategy for not making ice.  The strategy goes like this: 2 ice cubes left in the box.  If I only take 1, that means I didn't take the last one and he'll have to do it.  How did he already figure me out?!  I thought I had him tricked. 

So, that's our new place.  We like it quite a bit. 

2 comments:

Qubie said...

Great new place. I see a spot to the far right of the sink that might work for a dishwasher.

Unknown said...

Oh, don't worry! I have a plan for a new dishwasher. I'm thinking we can put the dishwasher perpendicular to the sink. It would turn our kitchen into a "U" shape and give us some much needed counter space. It would be a temporary set-up until we are ready to do the full kitchen renovation. We considered buying a dishwasher this weekend. For now we're planning on holding off, but we'll see what tomorrow has in store.