Friday, September 3, 2010

The DOG

Happy Father's Day, Dad.  I know it (more than) a little late, but I hope you like it.

This is a mini quilt I made to depict my dad's 1957 (I think that's the year) Dodge Panel truck.  Instead of saying "DODGE" across the front, it says "DOG" instead.  So, this is known in our family as "The DOG".  Thus the title of this quilt is "The DOG". 

The DOG

It's approximately 12"x18" finished.  The back is the same golden fabric used in the background on the front. 

If you live in Kansas City, you can come and see this piece tonight at the AIAKC (American Institute of Architects - Kansas City Chapter) Office down in the Crossroads.  It's part of the Art x Architects show tonight for the First Friday Art Walk
  • What: My piece: The DOG, showing at Art x Architects, part of First Friday Art Walk in the Crossroads District
  • When: Friday, September 3rd, 5:30 - 7:30 pm
  • Where: AIA Kansas City Office, 1801 McGee Street, Suite 100
If you've never been down for the art walk it's worth checking out.  Tonight is supposed to be about as beautiful as it gets.

No comments: