Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Bee Block for Nikki

This is the block I made for Nikki in the KC Scrappy Bee

Nikki's Block

I started by using this online paper-piecing pattern for the flying geese.

That was all going just dandy until I got about 7/8ths of the way through.  I ran out of the white fabric.  And then I couldn't find anymore of it anywhere. Oh, no!  What's a girl to do?  Raid her mama's stash, of course! I'm lucky she often has the same fabric I do. Thanks mom!

So, I finished the block and decided I didn't love it.  There was way too much white. 

Then comes this tutorial.  What do ya think?  I think it turned out pretty snazzy.  I hope Nikki feels the same.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok. So I cannot understand why there are not 50 comments or more on this post. It is THE most awesome block ever created. For real. People must have not viewed your post yet. That must be it.

Thank you again. I am IN LOVE with it. :)

Unknown said...

Oh, Nikki... you're too funny!

Have you been sitting at your computer hitting refresh waiting for more comments on my post about the block I made for you? :)