Saturday, November 22, 2008

Handmade Christmas gifts are the best.

I just had to write a quick blog about this Christmas gift we received last year. My parents teamed up to make this angel for Jason and I. The year before last, our poor angel got herself decapitated. I can’t remember if that was one of the days Lily climbed into the tree and that’s why she took her fatal fall or not.

I think my dad took the lead on this project. He made her wings out of clay. I think he did the majority of the assembling of her body structure. I think my mom made her dress, but he did the bodice ribbon part.

They have an angel that they made several years ago. She is similar to this one, but has a purple dress, different belt, different face, and store bought wings. She used to hold a candle (I think) and a bible, but somewhere along the way, she tossed those out.

I love when people make us gifts. This one was awesome. Hopefully people appreciate the gifts Jason and I make for them as much as we appreciate theirs.

No comments: