Sunday, November 9, 2008

Catching up on the week...

It's been a busy week in the studio! I wanted to add some pictures of the few things I've gotten done recently.
I made this quick and easy headboard for our bedroom last weekend.
Yes, it is electrical tape. Yes, electrical tape comes in brown.

(Side note: Jason's grandmother made the quilt on our bed for our wedding. Isn't it beautiful?)

I've been wanting to make one of these for a while now. It's made from the McCall's pattern # 3982. My mom made one for a girl getting married a few years ago and I made fun of her for it. ("Mom, only old ladies would have a casserole dish cover. Young brides don't want that. That's dorky.")

Mom, I'm putting this out there for the world to find. Your casserole dish pattern rocks. I made two of them for myself and I no longer find them dorky. I think you should start making them for every bride, except I'm not sure I'm willing to give you back your pattern. I like it too much.

I decided to make these now because Jason and I are hosting Thanksgiving dinner for his family this year. Since we only have a single oven and are planning on making a lot of food, I thought these might help keep food warm so we can have a little extra play while timing how to cook all the food and still have it hot when people are ready to eat.
We're really looking forward to cooking. I can't wait until all the wonderful smells from making a great meal fill our apartment. We're so excited, we sent out invitations the other day. Everyone has already been invited, but we like to make stuff, so we sent these out.


I've blocked out our address because I'm not really comfortable posting that online.

I have one last image to leave you with. Lily has found a new niche in my lab. She has decided the green section of my newly reorganized closet is the perfect place for her to snuggle in while keeping me company.

No comments: