Friday, September 19, 2008

Another week bites the dust

Good morning.

Sadly, it’s been a week since I posted anything. It’s been a bit of a strange week at our house.

Last weekend was nice. Saturday morning, we went to Josh and Mel’s to watch Lucas for a short time. Lucas is our six week old nephew. That was fun. We came home and had some lunch and then Jason headed up to Nebraska for the football game. He slept in until almost 10 on Sunday. I worked on the baby quilt for most of Saturday afternoon. I got it all pieced and put the borders on to discover a bad thing…

Last year on Black Friday I bought a ton of flannel fabrics for super cheap at JoAnn’s. I was hoping to use a plain pastel pink flannel I had a ton of on this quilt, but when I got it all laid out… the flannel was too narrow by several inches. I didn’t realize how big this baby quilt had gotten. It is 43”x53” without the binding. That’s huge!

Sunday we puttered around the apartment. I went grocery shopping and to the fabric stores at some point in search of some quilt backing that will fit. I ended up with a nice spongy looking pink from Wal-Mart. On clearance for $2.97 a yard! And it’s flannel. I was thrilled.

Monday was another average day… Tuesday Jason stayed home sick. Wednesday I was supposed to go to another owner’s class with Lucille, but the teacher cancelled. We had On The Border for dinner that night. We love that place!

A few nights this week I worked on quilting the quilt. I did a variation on the stitch-in-the-ditch technique. I used a squiggly stitch and went right down the columns of the quilt. It turned out pretty cute I think. I ran out of thread when I was almost done and broke my basting gun. It was a sad thing. The needle kept falling out and then something inside sprang loose. We couldn’t figure out how to keep the spring in place and put the cover back on at the same time. So, I got a new one. I love sewing gadgets.

I finished the quilting the other night and put the binding on. Now all that’s left is to sew the other side of the binding by hand. That’s my least favorite part of the whole quilting process.

Last night turned into veg out in front of the t.v. and go through a stack of magazines night. It was enjoyable.

We watched the season finale for Grey’s Anatomy, so we’re refreshed and ready to start up with this season next week. I’m excited because the previews look so good. Last season kind of trailed off, but I think this season will be excellent. I also can’t wait for Desperate Housewives and Brothers & Sisters to start. We love those shows.

This weekend we’re heading to the Plaza Art Fair. I’m totally psyched to go. It looks like a decent fair. There was a section in last Sunday’s paper that spelled out all the different mediums that are going to be there and it looks awesome!

Sunday afternoon we’re headed to Jason’s mom’s house. Some of his aunts are in town this weekend so we’re headed out for dinner. We’ll see how that turns out.

All in all, it’s been an alright week. Hopefully it turns into a fantastic weekend. The weather should be good, so we’re hopeful.

Also, our camera should be ready to be picked up. Hopefully they fixed it this time. If not, we’ll be camera-less for 2 more weeks and then I think we get a replacement after that. It’s annoying now that I’ve started to blog about stuff I’m making, but can’t show any pictures. I’m planning to go back through the last couple of blogs and post any pictures that would better explain things.

At some point throughout the week I came up with a screen print. I’ll post a picture of it later. I think it should turn out kind of fun.

Over and out,

No comments: