Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A 2009 Resolution?

So, I just found this really cool idea for New Year’s resolution.

I was looking through some old emails from Jason and found a link to The Quilter’s Buzz.
The resolution being discussed is still going strong and it’s September! The writer is doing a quilt block a day. Isn’t that a cool idea?

So, I’m wondering if for 2009, I could tweak this idea to suit me and my projects. Maybe I could vow to work on some sort of project every day. I think completing a different project each day is a little too ambitious; I do have a full-time job. I also think by limiting myself to just one medium, I may lose a lot of my other creative outlets and feel a bit limited. I find when I work on a project I don’t especially love or when I find a new project I want to start, the current project doesn’t turn out as great as it could have. I’m positive that by forcing myself into one medium, I’ll be less likely to make it through the year or less likely to actually get any benefit from it.

My variation could be to try to work on a sketch every day, a quilt, a bracelet, or whatever feels right that day. I think it could be a good thing for me to keep my creative juices flowing. Maybe this would help eliminate the blocks I get sometimes after not working on anything for a while.

I am still having no luck on the screen printing ideas. I think I’ll try to do a little more inspiration gathering tonight. I have been going through a lot of my old emails. A lot of them have ideas I’ve found for projects or things Jason has sent to me that he thinks are interesting. Maybe by cleaning out my email inbox and putting all of the images into an archive folder on my hard drive, I’ll be more likely to find something that catches my attention.

We’ll see what it brings.

Anyway, that’s just my thoughts for the night. We’ll see where it gets me tomorrow.

-Sewbot

No comments: