Monday, March 16, 2009

In case you've been wondering,

which I'm sure you haven't been following this closely, but around the first of the year, I decided to open an Etsy store in March. My rough plan which I blogged about on January 2, 2009 here, stated that I was going to have between 21 and 24 items to post in my shop.

Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you perceive this, I haven't completed that task yet. I've been given several opportunities over about the last month and a half to promote my work.

In January, my mom and I won grand prize at the All People Quilt quarterly challenge. If anyone from APQ are reading this, we have yet to receive our new sewing machines.

In February, I got an honorable mention on a sewing machine cover I made.

From the sewing machine cover, Singer offered me the opportunity to write instructions for their website. That project took longer than anticipated, but I saw it as an opportunity I couldn't pass up.

When I joined Flickr in February for the Sewing Machine cover, I was exposed to a whole new atmosphere of crafters I had yet to discover. Lately, I've been investigating different "groups" on Flickr and learning how to gain more exposure in the crafty world.

So, while I've still been taking off most Fridays to work on growing Sewbot's Laboratory, I have changed my rough plan. My new rough plan involves continuing to build my inventory for my soon-to-be Etsy shop, but obviously, I'm not going to open it this month. Maybe it will happen in early April. We'll just have to see how things go this month.

*These were just Sewbot's Laboratory related events in the past few months. There has also been a lot of side work and a death in the family recently. These events and activities have also had an impact on the progress Sewbot's Laboratory has been making.

No comments: