Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Block #2 - Kansas Farm House

Do you remember the beginning of the Wizard of Oz movie? Do you recall how it is filmed in black and white before the Technicolor kicks in?

Block #2 for the Row Robin Quilt Swap is my representation of Auntie Em & Uncle Henry's farm house in Kansas.



This image is the sketch I made prior to sewing my block.



Jason and I watched the movie over the weekend (which is an excellent movie if you haven't seen it recently) and I sketched a few more ideas during our viewing.

Here is an image I cartooned out of my strip. We'll see how close it ends up to this.



I also drew this block design. It's of the farm being hit by the tornado. I'm planning to paper piece it. We'll see how it turns out. I might decide to leave off the farm and just do the tornado. That would really simplify it.

No comments: