Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Simple Dollar - Some Thoughts on Enjoying Parenting

As I was reading through the blogs I subscribe to, this one caught my eye.  It's a post from last Friday on The Simple Dollar and is titled Some Thoughts on Enjoying Parenting.  I really enjoy reading many of The Simple Dollar's posts.  I like to be aware of where the money goes in our house.  I try very hard to be thrifty and make sure we get the most for the money we spend on things.  The Simple Dollar is filled with ideas on how to manage finances and how to live to make the most of the money you have. 

Sometimes, the posts on The Simple Dollar include things on parenting.  That is the case with this post from last week.  I wanted to share it with you because I think there were some really good points hit upon and it got me excited all over again to become a parent in a few months.

I'm looking forward to getting to explore the world all over again with my baby.  I can't wait to take him to the aquarium or the zoo.  I can't wait to teach him about the creatures we see. 

I'm looking forward to exploring physics through Lego's and building blocks as we build castles and bridges and see how a little force and some gravity knocks them down.

I'm looking forward to dinners at the dining room table with my little family where we can discuss what has happened in each of our days.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the world through little eyes.  I'm excited to shape my little guy into a healthy, happy person.  I'm excited to see what changes happen in our lives.

I'm most looking forward to meeting him and starting this new chapter of our lives together. 

No comments: