Thursday, August 25, 2011

A little bit of progress...

Last week, I mentioned a new project I've been working on.  Today the last of the fabric I ordered came in, so I have my completed palette of KONA colors for making some photographic mini quilts. 

Kona Palette

I ended up with 37 different colors.  I was lucky enough to find some of them at shops around town here for cheaper than what they are online and avoiding the 1/2 yard minimum.  All in all, it took me 4 brick and mortar stores and 2 online shops to get everything I needed.

Why KONA?  Well, I've played a bit with some other solids and have found that the KONA holds up nicely when you cut it into very tiny pieces to fuse onto other very tiny pieces.  Some of the other fabrics I've tried must have had lesser thread counts, because when you cut them nice and small, they just fray and disintegrate.  KONA seems to have a nice range of colors that I can work with and holds up to what I need it to do.  So, that's why I choose to go with KONA when I can. 

No comments: