Friday, May 20, 2011

Vrooman Ranch Quilts - Second Go

You may remember the ranch quilt I made a while ago.  Well, Jacquie asked me to speak about my work a few months ago at the KCMQG meeting in April.  I haven't done a ton of this sort of work and I had never really documented it, so I decided this would be the perfect time to remake a former project into something a little bit better.  I had made the first ranch quilt to enter in the Project Modern Challenge No. 1, so it had to be at least 45"x45".  That size was a little bigger than I would have liked for where I had intended to hang this quilt, so I decided to make the new one smaller.

Another thing I really wanted to improve from the first quilt was the windmill.  The windmill had a lot of potential, but because of my poor fabric choices in the first quilt, I felt it was lost.  So, to accommodate the windmill, I decided to make 2 quilts, one ranch and one windmill.

Here's what I ended up with:
Vrooman Ranch Windmill

Vrooman Ranch - Take 2

The Windmill is 10"x20".
The Ranch is 30"x20".

I used all Kona Solids for these two quilts.  I'm really pleased with the way these turned out.  They look perfect hung in my sage green dining room.

1 comment:

Regina said...

Wow! These look amazing.