Friday, May 27, 2011

Quilt Market Recap


Quilt Market was an awesome experience. I was lucky enough to get to go and see the show floor in a sneak peek on Wednesday and Thursday and after it opened on Friday and Saturday. I saw so many new things and learned a ton.

I thought I would share with you some of the things I saw and companies I learned of. So these are some links to sites that I think are worth checking out.

Fabric:
Patterns:
  • Maw-Bell Designs makes really stinkin' cute pincushions. I picked up a little red-headed lady to bring back for my mama. Love them!
  • Rebekah Merkle - Love the patterns here.
  • Joel Dewberry  has some fun patterns out with a "vintage modern" feel.
  • modkid has some funky, fun kids' clothes patterns.
Quilt Designs:
  • Modern Quilt Relish - This place had awesome quilt titles. How can you not love quilts that have names like Brioche & Baguette, Leftovers, and Flatbread. The quilts are really cute, too! Very modern!
  • Amanda Murphy just released her new pattern line at market. I really love the one titled portraits of my garden.
  • Judy Niemeyer Quilting - I LOVE the sharp points in a lot of these quilts. I'm a sucker for a star with those super spiky rays.
  • Jaybird Quilts - If you don't know Jaybird Quilts, you're missing out. Julie is a fantastic designer with a lot of fresh quilt ideas.
  • Don't Look Now! - I had been admiring these quilts online for months. It was even more beautiful in person. And I really LOVE the alphabet quilt pattern they had available.
  • Mountainpeek Creations
  • Swirly Girl Designs 
  • Love, love, love Cluck, Cluck, Sew.
Other fun stuff:
  • Shades Soft Fuse - Really thin fusible web.  I was given a sample at their booth, but haven't tried it yet.  I'm excited to find a project to give it a try.
  • Izzy & Ivy Designs - really cute kids' stuff.
  • Did you know you can get custom quilting rulers made?  I didn't!  Brandy's custom will make them for you.
*Photo above is of the show floor at Quilt Market (Salt Lake City, May 2011) taken by me.

1 comment:

MariQuilts said...

Thanks for a wonderfully informative post...enjoyed the links. It's almost like being there, well sort of.