Thursday, October 7, 2010

A Quilting Place

You may or may not know that I'm an Omaha girl.  I love Omaha.  I go to Omaha about as often as I can.  On one of my more recent trips up, I spotted a little place called A Quilting Place while out and about.

This past weekend Jason and I were up in Omaha and my mom and I decided to check this place out.  We stopped in and chatted with Jackie, the owner of the shop.  It's not a quilt shop really.  It's something really cool!  Jackie has 2 long arm machines that you can rent by the hour.  How cool is that?  It's exactly what I've been searching for!  I like to quilt things myself and Jackie has made that do-able! 

Sound scary?  Jackie requires each quilter to take a 6-hour certification class before she'll turn you loose.  The class is $140.  It sounds like a lot, but I think it's pretty reasonable.  She gives you a baby quilt panel to learn on.  You also receive a set of zippers that are used to attach your quilt to the machine. 

I'm so excited to go and try this out!  I've been dreaming of playing on a long-arm machine for a while.  Now it's possible for me to try it out!

5 comments:

Rida said...

Click here
If you want to get more visitor to read your nice post.
I can give you some easy tips, I promiss you will get more and more visitor to your blog.

http://thankfullga447 said...

I live in Omaha and I stopped by the same quilt store. It is on S. 50th Street. I just came by your blog. I brought lots of things. Fabric for pillows, pattern for pajama pants and some embroidery. I love the pink quilt you are showing. I am so impressed with people who quilt, a quilter from Florida made a quilt for a child in Texas who is recovering from Heart Surgery. If you give me your email address I would love to send it to you? I am a cross stitcher.
Gisela Omaha, NE
WOCS

http://thankfullga447 said...

I am from Omaha and I was at the Quilting Place on S 50th St. this week also. They were so helpful since I am a new person learning about quilting.
Omaha
Gisela
gasuski@mac.com
WOCS

Unknown said...

ga447, you found another great quilt shop in Omaha! The one I'm discussing in this post is on Q street at about 108th or so. She doesn't sell any fabric there, but offers long arm services. Such a cool place! You should definitely check it out.

Peggy said...

I just love sliced circut and can hardly wait for the pattern.