Monday, November 23, 2009

Me, My Scarf, and I

CRAFT: Singer Contest - Me, My Scarf, and I
Here it is, my entry into the Me, My Scarf and I contest.

My entry into the Me, My Scarf, and I contest is a depiction of myself. I have always loved the water, creatures that live in it and lots of color. I love to have fun and create things. When I make something I really enjoy, I think my real personality shows through. My underwater scarf is all of these things rolled into one cute little scarf.

The blue base of the scarf was constructed on my sewing machine. I fused the sea creatures onto the base and hand appliquéd the edges and details. The beads or sea weed were sewn on by hand. This little scarf was a lot of fun to make and I love how it turned out.

Good luck to everybody else who entered. There are some pretty neat entries. You can see them here.

No comments: