Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Fall Mini Swap

I joined my first swap with the 6-12" Mini Quilt Swapping Group on flickr in September. The theme for the month was fall. If you remember from my post a few days ago, I made a mini I titled "Wheat" for my partner.

She sent me this fall mini in return.
I love the leaves! Before making the wheat quilt, I searched and searched trying to come up with a leaf block I liked. I couldn't come up with one. They were all mis-shaped or just plain yucky. These are beautiful!

And the hand quilting! Yum!

The border on the front is from the same fabric as on the back. I love, love, love it!

See the awesome fat quarter she sent? It's the same as on the border and the back! What fun!

And the buttons are adorable! Most of them match the button on the center of the mini.

Thanks for swapping with me Claire! I had a lot of fun with you!

No comments: