Saturday, May 2, 2009

Baby Shower Invites

I think I mentioned a while ago that my best friend is having a baby. Well, we've reached the Baby Shower point in her pregnancy and I made the invites.


We decided on a pink theme. We're using a combination of dark/hot pink and light/baby pink. Amber is a pink sparkly kind of girl, so this is a good theme for her baby girl.


The fonts I chose for the title is called Curlz. I chose it because it was fun and cheerful. I chose Apple Garamond Light for the rest of the text because it is really clear and to the point. It has to be legible and communicate all the important details and I thought this was the right choice for the job. I also liked the way the two fonts mixed and complimented each other.

Not bad for a girl with only one graphic design class under her belt, eh?


I used double stick tape to put these little inserts into the cards. They're taped onto the side opposite all the party information. I wanted to make an insert with the registry information and numbers on it so that the guest could pull in out of the card and stick it into her purse to take with her when she goes to buy a gift. Amber & Lada have a Czech last name, so I anticipated problems spelling it when the guest went to the registry machine. Hopefully this card will do the trick.

All 45 or so invites are in the mail. Phew! That was a lot of them and I can cross this off my to-do list. Yay!

*Personal information blurred for safety reasons.

No comments: