My sweet baby boy will turn 6 weeks old tomorrow! I can't believe how fast it's gone by. I've learned a lot about him.
- I've learned that we are a fan of baby wearing. Right now Daniel is snuggled up against my chest wrapped in a Moby. After a long while of fighting with his fussing this morning, I wrapped him up and he fell asleep within a few minutes. Once I'm finished writing this post, I'm going to head down to my studio space and try to cut out the pieces for my quilt while wearing him.
- Remember all those diapers my mom and I made? Well, I've learned that just because they are cute doesn't mean they will work. I think I've given up on using them because every time I have, they have leaked. I think maybe there are too many layers in the pattern I used to get a good gather at the legs and back, thus making the seal not so good.
- I've learned that we're good at breastfeeding. Last Wednesday, the little guy weighed in at 9 pounds, 12 ounces!
- I've learned that we like to snuggle.
- I've learned that Daniel is a bit of a music snob. We listen to a lot of the Rockabye Baby station on Pandora & if he doesn't like a song he will whine until it is changed.
- I've learned that Daniel is a fan of Wassily Kandinsky. In my living room, we have a poster of this Kandinsky painting. Daniel loves to stare at it.
I'll try to pop in a little more often, but right now my days are mostly filled with dirty diapers, naps, and feeding.