Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Square Dance

I just dropped this quilt off to Fabri-Quilt last week.
Square Dance

This little quilt is about 48"x48" and was made to head to Quilt Market in Houston in a few weeks.  I titled it Square Dance.  Doesn't it look like the geese in the center are dancing in a square?

I haven't done a lot of this sort of quilt before... there's only 4 blocks in the center.  The majority of this quilt is made from the borders.  I think it turned out pretty fun. 
Square Dance - Detail Shot

I quilted it on my domestic sewing machine.  You can see a little of the quilting in the last photo.  I used orange thread and just did a random overlapping rectangle pattern.  It took way longer to quilt than I thought it would. 

Quilt stats:
Pattern Title: Square Dance
Designed by: Me
Pieced by: Me
Quilted by: Me
Size: 48"x48"
Fabric: Calypso by Paintbrush Studio

No comments: