Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Flash Mob!

Last week I went to AQS in Des Moines. A few days before the start of the show I received an email informing me that there was going to be a quilt mob.  How could I resist?

Mob Instructions

The instructions were to bring a small quilt and meet in the hallway.  The rest of the instructions were shouted out to the crowd when we had all gathered.

I brought this quilt with me.

Mob Parade

There were lots of people.
 
Mob Assembly

They had us line up on the stairs outside after we had marched in a little parade down the street outside of the hall where the show was held. 

Mob Display

Then, row by row, we lined up and had our pictures taken. 

It was kind of fun to participate in this little event.  There were lots and lots of quilts; way more than I thought would come to a quilt mob.  I wasn't sure what to expect, but I definitely had fun. 

1 comment:

Sharon said...

What a cute idea! I hope you post more about the conference.