Tuesday, July 5, 2011

How was your weekend?

Did you have a good holiday weekend? I spent part of the weekend up in Omaha with my family and the other part back here in Kansas City with my hubby. 

Sixty Stars

That quilt up there is what I did with some of my time in Omaha.  My grandparents are celebrating their 60th anniversary towards the end of the month, so my mom and I collaborated on this quilt to give them.  I cut the pieces for about 18 of the 60 stars.  Some of them came from a bee my mom participated in a while back.  The rest of the quilt top was put together by my mom.  So, what was my contribution?

I took the quilt over to A Quilting Place Omaha and rented a few hours on the long arm.  I chose a variegated tan/gold thread and a pattern called Come Dance With Me.  I think it turned out beautifully. 

I've finished burying all the threads and will be spending some time binding this quilt. 

I'll  be sure to share a better picture of this one when it's all finished up. 

1 comment:

Scrapcollectr said...

From my blog, I clicked on the "next blog" link at the top of the page and yours came up....lovely quilt! I'm a paper crafter. I make cards and scrapbook pages but love to find inspiration everywhere so thanks for the quilt inspiration! *smile*