Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Briarcliff Village Fireworks

Jason and I walked down to the Briarcliff Village last weekend to watch the fireworks and the lighting ceremony.  One of the main reasons I wanted to go was to try to photograph the fireworks.  I took a class at Photographx Unlimited a while back where I learned to use my camera, the Canon Rebel XSi, out of the "green zone" or auto zone.  One of the fun things I learned how to photograph is fireworks.  This was the first time we got to try it since it rained on the Fourth of July and we haven't gone to any since.  Unfortunately, we got ourselves all set up on the parking garage thinking the bursts would be happening to our North.  Instead, they shot the display off to our Southwest.  We ran down the stairs and out on a landing of the garage to get a better vantage spot.  Oh, well... we'll know for next year.  :)Fireworks 7

Fireworks 6

Fireworks 5
I think the fireworks above look like a dandelion. 

Fireworks 4

Fireworks 3

Fireworks 2

Fireworks 1

Briarcliff village
And this is the village all lit up.  We had fun trying to photograph the fireworks.  I'll definitely try it again.  :)

No comments: