Friday, February 20, 2009

Another great week in Sewbot's World

I got an email from a Trade Marketing Manager at Singer this week. This is what it said:

Jessica:

We’d love to feature your sewing machine cover as a project on our website. All you’d need to do is write-up instructions (including materials). We’d then put transfer them to our format and upload them onto our site. Let me know if you’re interested.

Thanks!
Katie


So, I've been thinking about how to write instructions on making this project. It's really not a difficult method to grasp once it's been explained, but it is a little complex to walk someone through it. I'm going to give it a shot. I've been waiting for my new machine to show up so I can make a cover for it rather than another one for my current machine. I think it will be easiest to write most of the instructions and take photos or make diagrams while making the project rather than trying to remember exactly how it all went together the last time I made one.

Another neat thing that's happened this week is my introduction to flickr. I've been so amazed at how fast people have found my photos and how many have been adding them into their favorites. I get so excited every time I have a new email saying something new has happened to my photos on flickr.

No comments: