Sunday, March 11, 2012

Tour of Daniel's Nursery - Rocking Chairs

You saw the rocking chair I showed in Tuesday's Tour of Daniel's Nursery. Here's the scoop!

Rocking chairs

The little chair on the left is my little rocking chair from when I was a little girl.  It's still a work in progress as it was recently repaired and still needs to be repainted.

Rocking chair corner

The big chair on the right is a chair that has spent the last decade or so on a porch at my parents'.  My dad painted it fresh for us.  My mom recovered the pad using the dinosaur print and a print from my stash.

I had planned on spending a lot of time nursing and rocking Daniel in this chair.  Turns out we nurse in the living room most of the time and he prefers to be bounced on the exercise ball, so it doesn't get as much use as I had thought.  

Lamp

Before we figured out he liked to be other places better, I had decided we would need several things right next to me.  We searched and searched for a lamp for his room.  Finally, we were on a stroll at Target and spotted this gem.  It's shade was the perfect combination of colors for the room.  How awesome is the pterodactyl pull chain?  We had to have it.

To have a lamp, one must have a place to put it.  We bought this little bookshelf to house some books for the little guy, hold the lamp, and have a spot for a glass of water for mama.  Remember the rug?  Well, we ended up with a few spare tiles and I decided this one would be used for a coaster.

3 comments:

Exam Cram said...

This is a great inspiring article. I am pretty much pleased with your good work. You put really very helpful information. Keep it up. Keep blogging. Looking to reading your next post.

free wallpapers said...

This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information. Keep it up.

Polaris 700 parts said...

i like this blog!thank u!!