Saturday, September 4, 2010

Astral Summer

I mentioned recently in my post Hello.  Goodbye. that I was super busy.  Remember when I told you that I was working on a few different projects for Fabri-Quilt?  Well... they're all done and ready to head to a show in Las Vegas very soon.  I thought you'd probably like to see a few photos of what I've been working on. 

Astral Summer - Action
You know how you can buy quilting gloves?  Well, I raided my closet and pulled out these gloves with rubbery snowflakes on the bottom.  They worked beautifully for gripping the fabric as I quilted.  I'm not sure which is dorkier... have specific quilting gloves or wearing my red winter gloves when I quilt. 

Also, that's my new studio I'm working in.  I'm hoping to find some different furniture for in there this weekend.  The old stuff I've been using doesn't work the best in the new room.

Astral Summer - Front
This is the quilt that I finished up after somebody else had started it.  It's from a pattern by Jame Crow called "Daisies Do Tell".  I would totally make this pattern again.  It was easy to do.  The most time consuming part was cutting out all the petals. 

All of the fabric with the exception of the backing is from Fabri-Quilt's "Astral Summer" line.  The colors are rich and the patterns are gorgeous.

Astral Summer - Block
You can see how I quilted this one.  I used my walking foot and guide to follow different parts of the green background.

Astral Summer - Angled
And just because I love quilt photos from fun angles...

Astral Summer - Back
The back is really simple.  Kind of a khaki color with a brown binding from the fabric line.

This quilt will be shown in Las Vegas pretty soon. 

Check back over the next few days to see photos of the other two quilts I did for them as well as photos of our new house!

No comments: